- MLB Advanced Media was formed out of MLB.
- MLB.TV live-streamed its first game: Texas Rangers v. NY Yankees; available free to anyone outside of participating teams’ broadcast territories.
- MLB.TV launched a nine-game OTT subscription package for out-of-market pennant race games.
- MLB.TV was offered for the entire season for the first time.
- Patent awarded for GeoLocation
- MLB Advanced Media launched its first 3rd party client build, supporting CBS’s March Madness.
- Launch of AtBat - the first streaming video app in the iTunes store
- First stream in 720p HD
- First to use Apple’s HLS protocol with MLB app livestream
- First test streams in 4K
- Launch of ESPN360
- Consecutive record for concurrent streams
- Launch of WWE Network streaming service – the first full end-to-end client solution.
- First test streams in 8K
- Launched HBO NOW
- Launched Playstation Vue live streaming TV service
- PGA TOUR LIVE launched as a joint rights deal between BAMTECH and THE PGA TOUR
- BAMTECH is spun off from MLBAM
- Entered comprehensive agreement with the National Hockey League to take over out-of-market broadcast rights, NHL app and NHL.com and operation of the NHL Network
- Partnered with Fox Sports to enable FoxSportsGo
- Disney buys a 33% stake in BAMTECH
- Discovery Communications partners with BAMTECH to launch BAMTECH Europe. BAMTECH assumes operational responsibility for Eurosport Digital’s OTT service
- Partnered with Riot Games on exclusive rights deal for League of Legends
- Entered a rights deal with Major League Soccer
- Established new European HQ in Amsterdam through acquisition of The Capitals
- Launched MLS LIVE
- Set up office in Manchester through acquisition of Cake Solutions
- Supported multi-million simultaneous streams for WWE Wrestlemania 33
- Scaled the platform further for HBO Game of Thrones Season 7 Premiere
- Launched Hulu with Live TV with over 350 channels at launch
- Expanded Eurosport Player into 69 territories, 14 languages and 6 currencies
- The Walt Disney Company acquired majority ownership of BAMTECH